Study in Japan
- Belgian nationals
- Born on or after 2 April 1998
- Graduated from a school equivalent to the senior high school in Japan (12-years education)
- Willing to learn Japanese and receive university education in Japanese
The following schedule may change according to regulatory measures.
|Application deadline||17 :00, 7 June 2022|
|Written exams and interviews||The latter half of June – the beginning of July2022|
|Results of primary screening in Belgium*||Early July 2022|
|Secondary screening in Tokyo||October to November 2022|
|FINAL RESULTS with placement by Tokyo||January 2023|
|Pre-departure orientation||March 2023|
|Departure for Japan||April or September/October 2023|
*Please note that, although candidates may be successful up until this point, the final result depends on confirmation of your university placement.
Brussels, 6 May 2022
Welcome to the web page of Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students. To apply, please download the necessary documents from the following website: https://www.studyinjapan.go.jp/en/smap-stopj-applications-undergraduate.html
Past exams can be viewed here.
NB: Please read the "Application Guidelines" carefully as more documents than these listed on the above website might be required.
HOW TO SUBMIT APPLICATION
- BE SURE THAT YOU HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- MAKE AN APPOINTMENT BY E-MAIL ( email@example.com ) BEFORE VISIT THE EMBASSY DURING THE APPLICATION PERIOD (FROM 6 MAY TO 7 JUNE)
- BRING YOUR APPLICATION TO THE EMBASSY AS INSTRUCTED
- APPLICATION WILL BE EXAMINED IN YOUR PRESENCE
- DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION BY POST NOR VISIT WITHOUT APPOINTMENT
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED WILL NOT BE RETURNED
For further information
Japan Information and Cultural Centre
If you are a non-Belgian national, please contact the Japanese Embassy of your country.